What regulates the determination and examination of black spots in Lithuania?
- Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Road Traffic Safety ;
- From 2022 February 1 the description of the requirements and procedure for the identification, examination and removal of black spots came into force (hereinafter – the description of the examination of black spots) .
Who is responsible for identifying, examining and removing black spots?
- Black spots are identified, examined and removed annually in accordance with the procedure established by the Minister of Transport.
- The public institution Transport Competence Agency identifies black spots on roads of national significance and conducts their investigation;
- The joint-stock company Lithuanian Motor Road Directorate organizes the removal of black spots on roads of state importance;
- Municipal administrations organize the identification, investigation and removal of black spots on roads and streets of local importance.
- A black spot is a section or intersection of a road or street (including roads and streets with a dividing line) where 4 or more creditable traffic accidents have occurred in the last 4 calendar years.
- Black spot passport - a collection of accumulated information about the black spot.
- Black spot investigation – an investigation during which a road or street inspection is carried out on the spot and which aims to determine the risk factors of traffic accidents that occurred in the black spot, related to the safety deficiencies of the road infrastructure, and to select the necessary traffic safety measures.