1. When a disabled person or a person with reduced mobility arrives at the airport of departure for a flight, they must be provided with prescribed assistance so that the person can depart with the available reservation, provided that the relevant air carrier or its agent or tour operator has been notified of the special needs for such assistance notified at least 48 hours before the announced flight time. If the onward flight and the return flight are operated by the same air carrier, this notice also covers the return flight. These provisions apply provided that:
a) the person comes to check-in himself: at the time specified in advance in writing (including by electronic means) by the air carrier or its agent or tour operator, or if no time is specified, no later than one hour before the announced departure time, or
b) the person arrives at the designated place at the airport for disabled persons or persons with reduced mobility: at the time specified in advance in writing (including by electronic means) by the air carrier or its agent or tour operator, or if no time is specified, no later than two hours before the announced departure time .
2. In cases where the help of a recognized assistance dog is needed, conditions are created to pick it up, provided that such transportation is permitted by the transportation rules established by the carrier or carriers.
3. If a disabled person or a person with reduced mobility does not report special assistance needs or reports less than 48 hours before the flight, every reasonable effort must be made to allow them to fly with the available reservation.
4. When a disabled person or a person with limited mobility passes through an airport covered by this regulation, transits or is transferred against his/her own wish from a flight with an available reservation by an air carrier or tour organizer to another flight, he/she must be provided with the assistance provided in such a way that a person could fly with an available reservation.
5. Upon arrival at the airport, a disabled or mobility-impaired passenger must be provided with the prescribed assistance so that the person can reach the designated point of arrival/departure from the airport territory.
6. The assistance provided must be adapted as best as possible to the special needs of each passenger.